Loacker - regional roots, global presence.
“We assume responsibility for people and nature in the entire supply chain.”
Vision and responsibility for nature worth living in, and a human society, combined with long-term economic success have defined our company for generations.
We are convinced that high product and service quality as well as environmental protection and observing social and ethical principles and economic success should not be a conflict today and for future generations. They are important components in securing the independence and long-term existence of the company.
To us, sustainability means a holistic balance between the company's core issues quality, economic success and social, ethical and ecological responsibility. Sustainability in this sense is entitlement at the same time as the driving and defining force behind the healthy growth of our company.
Our basic attitude in terms of sustainability is deeply embedded in the core of our company, i.e. in our mission, vision and core values. This is the only way sustainability can be integrated consistently in the company and the direction of our policy and the entire processes can be guaranteed.
Loacker only processes carefully selected raw materials:
Our hazelnuts: irresistible and 100% Italian. Freshly roasted by Loacker.
Own hazelnut plantation in Tuscany, contract cultivation with local farmers
Our chocolate: where excellence begins.
Project to promote the independent cocoa cultivation of women in the Ivory Coast
Our Bourbon vanilla: the quintessential spirit of Madagascar.
Collaboration with local farmers in Madagascar
Our milk: at the heart of the creams and chocolate you love.
Construction of the first South Tyrolean milk drying plant in Vandoies
99,8% of the Loacker products are certified according to the IFS Food standards
1) Business should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
2) Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
3) Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
4) The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
5) The effective abolition of child labour
6) The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
7) Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
8) Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
9) Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
10) Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery